KERN DANCE ALLIANCE BOARD MEMBER(s)
Kern Dance Alliance seeks self-motivated, charismatic, passionate, and bold community leaders to serve on the distinguished Board of Directors.
The KDA Board of Directors is an all-volunteer Board, committing 2-10 hours a month on mission-based work. KDA Board Members are valued members of our organization.BOARD APPLICANTS APPLY HERE
KERN DANCE ALLIANCE STUDENT INTERN(s)
Kern Dance Alliance seeks highly organized and detail-oriented Student Intern(s) with the ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple tasks, take initiative, and manage an individual workload to serve the KDA Board of Directors for the upcoming year. KDA Student Interns are high school or college level students.
The KDA Student Intern is a volunteer position, committing 10-20 hours a month on mission-based work. KDA Student Interns are valued members of our organization.INTERN APPLICANTS APPLY HERE
LEARN MORE ABOUT KDA HOW YOU CAN BECOME INVOLVED with KDA!
KDA offers several levels of involvement for the community to engage with Kern Dance Alliance. As an all-volunteer organization, KDA relies upon the support of generous patrons to lend their time to assist with programs and events.
BECOME A MEMBER
BECOME A DONOR
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Register as a volunteer for the 5th annual Children’s Dance Education and Outreach Event at the Fox Theater on November 13.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 8, 2019.
Event volunteers are responsible for providing volunteered services for a single event on a single day.
Program volunteers are responsible for providing volunteered services for the duration of an event lasting longer that one day.
Organization volunteers are responsible for providing volunteered services to multiple KDA programs lasting throughout the entirety of the year.
Student Interns commit to a full year of service and are responsible for:
- General administrative support: file, organize, data entry, manage the KDA Dance Directory, and social media services
- Handling donor and member interactions, follow up, and thanking process
- Supporting event coordination for programming and development events
- Assisting in volunteer management and coordination
- Writing blogs, website content, and helping coordinate the newsletter
- Serving as an assistant to the Board of Directors
Board Members commit to a 2-year term and are responsible for:
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the President as s/he develops and implements KDA’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by KDA for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to Board and committee meetings
- Approving KDA’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Assisting the President and Board Chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the President and other Board Members to ensure that Board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring KDA’s commitment to a diverse Board and staff that reflects the communities KDA serves