In collaboration with the American Dance Movement, Segerstrom Center for the Arts, and the Kennedy Center, KDA is celebrating our national dance holiday with online dance parties and giveaways!
Join in the fun of celebrating National Dance Day by learning the official 2021 National Dance Day routine brought to you by the American Dance Movement!
Even better?! Film yourself performing the official NDD routine OR any dance moves of your choice and then post your video on your favorite social media platform by tagging @kerndance and using the hashtags #kdaNDD2021 and #NationalDanceDay2021.
Nothing makes us happier than seeing you move and groove on our favorite national dance day holiday!
Please Note: Not all choreography is suitable for everyone. Check with your doctor before beginning any exercise to avoid/reduce the risk of injury. Do not start any dance if your physician or health care provider advises against it. If you experience faintness, dizziness, pain or shortness of breath at any time while dancing you should stop immediately. Perform any routine at your own risk. American Dance Movement and the Kern Dance alliance will not be responsible or liable for any injury sustained as a result of your participation in any American Dance Movement or Kern Dance Alliance sponsored routines.
KDA is making your GRANDEST dance dreams come true!
What is your dance wish? ✨
Is there new dance wear you want? Do you want to see a show? Do you need help paying for a dance class, workshop, conference, or competition? Do you dream of taking classes from an industry professional?
DREAM BIG and tell us ALL ABOUT IT by following the steps below:
- Tell us your dance wish and why it is so important to you by commenting on our social media posts, tagging us in a story, or emailing us at email@example.com.
- If you are posting your wish on social media, be sure to tag @kerndance and use the hashtags #kdaNDD2021 and #NationalDanceDay2021.
- All submissions must be posted by 11:59 PM PST on 9/18/2021.
- KDA will be selecting multiple dreams and making them come true! So join us in celebrating National Dance Day and tell us your dream.
- KDA will announce the Dance Dream Giveaway winners the week of 10/1/2021.
Established in 2010 by American Dance Movement co-founder, Nigel Lythgoe, and Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton, National Dance Day is an annual celebration dedicated to dance, that encourages Americans of all ages to incorporate dance into their lives. By creating a focused day of celebration to show support for dance as a valuable form of exercise and of artistic expression, American Dance Movement aims to educate the public about dance and its many benefits, as well as make dance accessible and inclusive to everyone.
American Dance Movement (ADM) believes that participation in dance connects the mind and body, promotes health and wellbeing, connects us with others and enables us to find joy through dance and movement. National Dance Day (NDD) is a day of celebrating dance, in all its forms, and takes place annually on the third Saturday in September.
Accessible to everyone at every ability level, National Dance Day provides:
- An instructional video, made available online, for people to view, learn and share with others wherever they are
- American Dance Movement Co-Hosted events in two key cities, providing free dance classes and performances for all ages and skills levels, with information from a range of community dance organizations
- Nation-wide Event Registration that encourages and supports individuals & communities, as they celebrate NDD
- Strong online presence, allowing everyone to participate, no matter where they are across America